Women & Children CrossRoads
The Hope First Cottages provide an alcohol and drug free, safe and supportive home for mothers involved with the child welfare system that may be recovering from substance abuse and/or mental health issues to reside while working toward or when reunifying with their children. While staying in the cottages, women receive wrap-around social services such as case management and access to drug and alcohol counseling, mental health counseling, employment support and volunteer/work opportunities.
Mothers are also able to participate in activities/support groups that focus on life/social skill development, mentoring, parenting support and education. HSA caseworkers are assigned to assist with case management services which may include the following:
- Parenting education and support
- Child care referral
- Medical/Dental care referrals
- Employment training or Education services to include GED preparation and testing
- Transportation assistance
- Domestic Violence resources
- Collaboration with Child Welfare workers
- Mental health care referrals, individual, family or child
- Substance abuse assessment/treatment referrals
- Community resources
- Permanent housing
The caseworker works with the program participant to achieve the ultimate goal, which is to reunify a child with his or her mother.