Create a By-Name List
We are currently creating a by-name list for our community. A quality by-name list will allow us to know everyone in our community experiencing homelessness in real time. With this information, we will:
- Understand the scope of homelessness in our community
- Understand how people move in and out of our system on an ongoing basis
- Have accurate information to set goals to reduce homelessness
- Have accurate information to understand if we are making progress in ending homelessness
Please learn how a by-name list works in real time:
It is critical to note that a by-name list will only be useful to the extent that it is operationalized as a driver of our community’s efforts to reduce and end homelessness.
The key components of a quality by-name list include the following:
Washoe County's Built for Zero Framework
In order to begin this process, a Single Adults By-Name List (BNL) scorecard was completed by the Built for Zero Regional Core Team. This scorecard sets out an ambitious framework for building the necessary data management practices and systems coordination to track the movement of everyone experiencing homelessness in communities with the ultimate goal of ending all homelessness.
It should be noted, we are prioritizing which components of the scorecard to address first, we are taking into consideration:
- The current capacity of our system; this was completed January 2021. Please visit our Housing Capacity Analysis page, to view the full report.
- The time / effort involved in implementation of the necessary changes; AND
- The relative impact the change will have on improving the accuracy and usefulness of our data relative to ending homelessness
What this score means
What's next? Hold us accountable