Washoe County Health District Refund Policy
It is the purpose of this policy to establish a refund policy for the Washoe County Health District (WCHD).
In order to request a refund, a written request must be submitted utilizing the Request for Refund form (click here). The request must be mailed, faxed, e-mailed, or delivered to the WCHD:
Washoe County Health District
1001 East Ninth Street
Reno, NV 89512
Air Quality Management (AQM) - Fax (775) 784-7225
Environmental Health Services (EHS) - Fax (775) 328-6176 - email@example.com
Community & Clinical Health Services (CCHS) - Fax (775) 328-3750
All refund requests will be subject to a deduction for work actually performed by, or other direct expenses incurred by, WCHD prior to receiving the refund request. The cost of actual work performed will be estimated using the same costs that established the fee.
Requests for refunds will not be honored for any work accomplished prior to the request being received in writing.
Annual permit fees are non-refundable upon the first day of the renewal period (i.e., a May 1st renewal that is paid will not be refunded if requested on or after May 1st). Prior to the renewal period, refunds will be subject to a deduction for work actually performed by, or other direct expenses incurred by, WCHD prior to receiving the refund request.
Late fees are non-refundable.
Requests for refunds will not be honored if requested 180 days or more after date of payment.
Refunds for incorrect payments or payments that exceed the stated fee will be refunded in full.
Refunds will be processed per the noted methods:
- Refunds made by check could take up to 3-4 weeks to process
- Refunds will only be issued to the party that originally issued payment.
- No cash refunds will be processed unless an established policy or procedure exists for the operational unit. Refunds for cash payments will be processed immediately and refunded by check.
- Refunds for payments made by check will be refunded by check after the original payment check has cleared.
- Refunds for payments made by credit card will be refunded as a credit back to the original card only. The WCHD does not keep credit card information on file. If the customer cannot be reached a check will be issued. If the customer can be reached, but the original credit card is no longer active, a check will be issued.
- Refunds for payments made by debit card will be refunded by check.
Adopted by the District Board of Health
February 28, 2013
Request for Refund forms:
Last modified on 12/27/2018