Public Education and Outreach
The Vector-Borne Disease Prevention Program staff offers training and presentations to a wide variety of groups, including service organizations, homeowners' associations, clubs and schools. The information presented is adapted to the particular interests and needs of the group.
Talks given in the past include:
- Insects and the Diseases They Transmit
- West Nile and Other Mosquito-Borne Viruses
- Plague Prevention
- Hantavirus Prevention
- Mosquito Biology
- Tick-Borne Diseases & Prevention
- Vector-Borne Disease Program Services
- Anthrax - The Risk to Humans
- Rabies and Domestic Animal Bites
The program also provides informational brochures about vector-borne diseases and their prevention. Staff are available to set up information tables at public events.
Call 785-4599 for additional information.