Special Events & Temporary Food Program
The Special Events Program covers all aspects of Environmental Health at mass gatherings, including temporary foods, solid waste and liquid waste.
Washoe County is home to several large events annually that exceed 200,000 attendees, such as Hot August Nights, Best-In-The-West Rib Cook-off, and the Reno Air Races. There are between 2,000 and 2,500 temporary food permits issued during the calendar year, with an estimated 1,000,000 patrons served. The Special Events Team conducts approximately 2,500 inspections to ensure safe food handling practice and compliance with regulations in Temporary Food Establishments.
The Special Events Program also works closely with event promoters throughout the event planning process to ensure that food vendor operations are accommodated and that all garbage and wastewater is disposed of in a sanitary manner.
Requirements & Applications
- Application for a Temporary Food Permit
- Temporary Food Establishment Requirements
- Special Events Promoter Application
- Special Events Promoter Requirements
- Annual Sampling Permit Application
- Annual Sample Permits and Farm Products Requirements - coming soon!
- Food Establishment Regulations
- Business License Temporary Events
- Regional Parks -Special Events Requirements
- Nevada Department of Agriculture Producers Certificate Program
Contact the Program
Senior Registered Environmental Health Specialist
Registered Environmental Health Specialist
Last modified on 08/22/2017