- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Community and Clinical Health Services
- Environmental Health
- Epidemiology and Public Health Preparedness
- Statistics, Surveillance and Reports
- Birth and Death Records
- Communicable Diseases and Epidemiology
- Emergency Preparedness
- Program Overview
- Public Health Emergencies
- Medical Reserve Corps
- How to Better Prepare for a Disaster
- Point of Dispensing (POD) Education
- What is a POD?
- What Does a POD Look Like?
- Things to Know About PODs
- When Would a POD be Activated?
- Public POD Events and Exercises
- Important POD Notifications Found Here
- Tools for POD Activation
- Online Training
- Other Resources
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
Infectious Disease Outbreak
Infectious disease outbreak:
Another example of a health emergency that would result in the activation of a POD would be an outbreak of Pandemic Influenza.
To learn more about Pandemic Influenza click on the link below to access a fact sheet, video, and link to the CDC website:
Last modified on 07/21/2015