Emergency Preparedness and Response
Washoe County Public Health Preparedness Program
Whether it be in response to severe weather, earthquakes or terrorist threats, immediate and adequate public health preparation is crucial to saving lives and protecting against future health-related issues. The Washoe County Health District Emergency Preparedness and Response Program is committed to providing our community with a wide variety of response elements which can be activated in any number of disaster scenarios we may experience in our area.
What do we do?
- Conduct disease surveillance and outbreak investigations
- Provide training for the healthcare community and other partners on topics related to public health emergencies, such as bioterrorism
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to residents and visitors of our community through our website and local media
- Participate in drills and exercises to test our ability to respond to an emergency
- Write plans that will guide the Health District's response to a public health emergency
- Conduct training for our Washoe County Health District employees on department and county wide emergency plans
- Provide free online trainings to community partners and members of our community