Wolf Pack Coaches Challenge Teacher Materials
Thank you for participating in the Wolf Pack Coaches Challenge. Below are all the materials needed to complete the challenge with your class.
- Program Instructions
- Pilot Program
- Coaches Challenge Weekly Tracker
- Letter to Parents (English and Spanish)
- Informational Flyer
- How does the Coaches Challenge fit with The Nevada School Wellness Policy
Each lesson plan aligns with Common Core, Next Generation, and Social and Emotional Learning Standards. The standards addressed are listed on each lesson plan (though may vary slightly by grade), and can be easily augmented with the inclusion of a written reflection, explanatory essay, grade appropriate math problems, or other classroom or homework assignment.
Lessons can be changed and adapted to fit with your current curriculum, and are designed to be flexible, such that they align with the needs of your particular classroom. They promote small group collaboration, and aim to increase health knowledge while addressing academic goals in language arts, math, and science.
The resources below provide information regarding nutrition, nutrition standards, and nutrition education, as well as ideas concerning how to better incorporate physical activity into the classroom.
- Dietary Guidelines - Messages for Consumers
- Nutrition (Lesson Plan Central)
- USDA Nutrition Education
- Energizers - Classroom-based Physical Activities: K- grade 2, grade 3 - grade 5
- Indoor Fitness Breaks
- Twenty Indoor Activities
- Active Academics
- Brain Break Ideas
- Physical Education Resources for Teachers (TeacherVision)
- Tips for Teachers: Motivating Movement
- Nevada Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program
- CDC Strategies For Reccess In Schools
Handouts for Students
These handouts are great resources for students to keep in their reading folders and refer back to when necessary.
- Activities for Children: Step up and Stay
- Top 10 ways to build better eating habits
- Smart Snacks in Schools Infographic
- Cut Back on Sweets Tip Sheet
- Kid Friendly Veggies and Fruits
- Ten Tips to a Great Plate
Contact us: GetHealthy@washoecounty.us
Call at 775-328-6153 or 775-328-2474
Last modified on 01/12/2018