Wellness Policies and Family Engagement
Wellness Policies in the child care and before/after school settings can have many benefits:
- Improve the health of children
- Enhance learning
- Educate parents
- Improve business - many parents are looking for "healthy" settings for their children
If you are a child care center, use the Early Childhood Wellness Policy Menu to help guide you in creating or improving a wellness policy.
If you are a before/after school setting, use the Out-of-School-Time Policy Menu to help guide you in creating or improving a wellness policy.
While supplies last, out-of-school time providers that implement a new wellness policy or update a current policy are eligible for free play equipment. Click on our Eligibility for Play Equipment link for more information.
We can help with the development, implementation or evaluation of wellness policies. If you need assistance contact Kelli Goatley-Seals at firstname.lastname@example.org or (775) 328-6160.
There are many ways to keep our children healthy and families are a big piece of the picture. Below are tools that can be used to engage and involve families in nutrition, physical activity and overall health.
The following can be used by staff and management to help engage families in health and wellness: Engaging Families in Health and Wellness:
- Tips to help get families involved with youth health and wellness
- Engaging Families in Health and Wellness poster
- Parent Flyers – Tips for Your Tots, Tips for Your Kids, Tips for Your Teens, Tips for the Whole Family
Last modified on 04/20/2017