WIC (Women, Infants, and Children)

WIC program participants are not affected by the proposed changes to the Public Charge rule. For more information click here


Program Mission:

  • To provide monthly supplemental nutritious foods, nutrition education and referrals to other health and social services to eligible pregnant and postpartum women, infants and children up to age five in Washoe County
  • To improve health status and prevent the occurrence of health problems.

Program Description:

WIC stands for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. The WIC program is a short-term nutrition intervention program designed for long-term benefits for income-eligible mothers and children to promote good health care during critical times of growth and development. WIC is funded by USDA.


To be eligible for WIC services, you must meet all of the following:

  • Be a pregnant, postpartum (to 6 months) or breastfeeding (up to 1 year) woman, or an infant or child up to age 5
  • Be a Nevada resident
  • Income guidelines
  • Be determined to be at medical or nutritional risk


There is no charge.


  • Free client eligibility screening which includes a hemoglobin, height or length, weight, and medical/dietary history to identify individual nutritional/medical conditions. Program eligibility extends from 6 months to 1 year and participants may reapply and continue participation as they meet eligibility criteria.
  • Referral to other health and social services (e.g. immunizations, prenatal care, well-child examinations, food stamps, diaper bank, etc.)
  • Breastfeeding promotion, education and support, including breast pumps.
  • Nutrition education on prenatal, infants and toddler nutrition, breastfeeding, how to select foods for themselves and their families, drug and other harmful substance abuse information, need for folic acid, etc.)
  • Monthly supplemental nutritious foods (a combination of one or more of fresh fruit and vegetables, milk, cheese, eggs, iron-fortified cereal, juice, beans, peanut butter, tuna fish, carrots, infant formula, special formulas).

Apply for WIC

To apply for WIC, contact a WIC clinic convenient for you and make an appointment. Bring the following with you to your appointment along with anything clinic staff ask you to bring:

  • A completed WIC application
  • Last 30 days of all household income
    • Check stubs
    • Unemployment statement
    • Social Security
    • Disability and/or Welfare Approval Letter or Medicaid Card
    • Food Stamps
    • Etc.
  • Nevada Proof of Residency
    • Utility bill
    • Rental contract or lease
    • Etc.
  • Driver's license or picture ID (for women)
  • Pregnancy due date
  • Confirmation of birth or birth certificate (for infants)
  • Immunization records
  • Custody/guardianship letter (if applicable)

There are currently five WIC clinics throughout Washoe County. To make an appointment to find out if you are eligible or to obtain more information call one of the following clinics.

WIC locations and associated maps:

Washoe County Health District WIC Clinic
1001 E. Ninth St., Building B, (Map)
Reno, NV 89520-0027
Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (775) 328-2299
Fax: (775) 328-2501

South Reno WIC Clinic
601 West Moana, Suite #3 (Map)
Reno, NV
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Phone: (775) 828-6600
Fax: (775) 828-6607

Incline Village Community Hospital WIC Clinic
880 Alder Avenue (Map)
Incline Village, NV
Call for days and hours
Phone: (775) 828-6600

"The Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children is open to all eligible persons regardless of race, color, disability, sex, age, or national origin."


For more information call Soni Monga (775-828-6600) or Kelcie Atkin (775-328-2453) or contact us by email.