- Washoe County Health District
- Clinic and Office Locations
- Forms - Applications
- News Center
- Programs and Services
- Online Services
- Food Inspection Results
- REGULATIONS - Washoe County Health District
- Fees for Services
- Boards & Committees
- Data, Publications, and Reports
- Illness, Injury, and Safety Information
- Volunteer & Student Opportunities
- Submit a Complaint
- Social Media
- Air Quality
- Birth and Death Records
- Commercial Recycling
- Cottage Food
- E. coli
- Environmental Health
- Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Special Events/Temporary Food
- Waste Reduction, Recycling, and Disposal
- Water Projects/Engineering
- What is the submittal process for a water project?
- What is required when the design does not meet the minimum requirements for construction per NAC 445A?
- Can we meet with WCHD to discuss specific concerns or projects?
- Can WCHD accept “red line” corrections on plans?
- What are ANSI / NSF requirements?
- How are separation distances determined?
- Is there a special exception process?
- What is required when water infrastructure is completed?
- How do I find the status of a Water Project or Construction plan review?
- What is required for a Final Map signature from WCHD?
- What are the professional stamp and signature requirements for plan submittal?
- About Us
- Contact Us
Is there a special exception process?
When a special exception is requested, this must be completed by the Water System submitting the plan for whatever the proposed exception is to the plan. This must include why the minimum requirements of NAC 445A cannot be maintained, provide an analysis of any potential public health impacts, how this exception can be protective of public health, and any other pertinent information necessary to complete the review process.
Special exceptions are considered only on a case-by-case basis.
All special exceptions must be completed and submitted in writing to Washoe County Health District (WCHD). WCHD will coordinate with NDEP for concurrent review and comment as part of the review process.
Last modified on 06/07/2018