- Washoe County Health District
- Submit a Complaint
- Online Services
- Clinic and Office Locations
- Forms - Applications
- Programs and Services
- News Center
- Food Inspection Results
- REGULATIONS - Washoe County Health District
- Fees for Services
- Boards & Committees
- Data, Publications, and Reports
- Illness, Injury, and Safety Information
- Volunteer & Student Opportunities
- Social Media
- About Us
- Contact Us
Where can I dispose of used motor oil?
Most oil recycling centers will accept up to five gallons of used oil free-of-charge. Many of the large auto parts retailers in Washoe County will take motor oil from local residents. Make sure when transporting the oil, that it is in a secured container and is free of contamination by lubricants, gasoline, or antifreeze.
In other Northern Nevada Counties, call the State of Nevada Recycling Hotline at 1-800-597-5865.
Last modified on 01/12/2015