What will happen at my first Teen Health Mall visit?
- You will fill out paperwork.
- An aide will obtain your weight and height, measure your blood pressure, and check your iron level (in some cases).
- The Advanced Practitioner of Nursing will review your medical history and determine what services you need (birth control, STD testing etc.).
- If you are interested in birth control you may get it on the day of your visit; however, in some instances you will need to return to receive your method of birth control.
- You may or may not receive a pelvic exam (having a nurse look and feel inside your vagina) and Pap smear on your first visit. If you receive birth control you will need to have a pelvic exam within 3 months.
Last modified on 01/12/2015