I am going to contract with an existing snack bar at a ball park/field to sell food for my league games. Do I need a temporary food permit?

No. A temporary food permit is only necessary when the temporary food establishment will be setup outdoors (i.e., no plumbed sinks, no electricity, etc.). Please note that prior to obtaining a temporary food permit, the applicant should contact representatives of the specific parks in which they wish to operate as many City of Reno and City of Sparks parks do not allow food vending of any kind. If a temporary food establishment wishes to sell food from an existing fixed, Washoe County Health District (WCHD) permitted facility, a temporary food permit is not required; however the temporary food establishment must contact representatives of the WCHD Food Protection Program (328-2434) and inform them of their intentions.

Last modified on 08/11/2016