Oscar Delgado was named the Chair of the District Board of Health in January 2021.
In 2012, Oscar was first elected to represent Ward 3, a community that includes the Wells Avenue area, most of Mira Loma, the neighborhoods east of the University of Nevada, and portions of Damonte Ranch. In 2016, the residents of Ward 3 re-elected Oscar to another four-year term.
A Nevada native, Oscar earned a B.A. at Cal State Fullerton and dual Masters Degrees in Urban Planning and Social Work at the University of Michigan. With his educational background and his professional experience as the CEO of the largest Federally Qualified Community Health Center in Northern Nevada, Oscar brings a unique perspective to the issues affecting Reno. He has spent much of the last eight years fighting blight, engaging under-represented groups in the political process, and advocating for our neighborhoods.
Oscar has twice served as Reno’s Vice Mayor and has been recognized as Elected Official of the Year by the Nevada Chapter of the American Planning Association and Twenty Under Forty by the Reno-Tahoe Young Professionals Network. In 2015, Oscar was one of forty people selected nationally as a Next City Vanguard, which highlights and acknowledges urban innovators working to make positive change in their communities.
In his spare time, Oscar enjoys cooking with his wife, Sarita, playing with their twins, Samiya and Dario, and exploring Northern Nevada’s wondrous landscapes.
- Capital Funding Protection Committee
- Capital Projects Surcharge Advisory Subcommittee
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Subcommittee
- Community Homelessness Advisory Board
- District Board of Health
- Oversight Panel for School Facilities
- Regional Planning Governing Board (Alternate)
- Regional Transportation Commission
- Stadium Authority
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority (Alternate)
- Truckee River Flood Management Authority (Alternate)
Last modified on 02/03/2021