With Washoe County warming up for the summer our region is entering into Wildland Fire season, make sure you and your loved ones are prepared.
Visit our preparedness page to make sure your family, friends, and pets are ready by assembling a kit, making a plan, and staying informed.
Click the box below to sign up for regional alerts to ensure you are informed of emergency events occuring in the region!
Washoe County, Nevada has received their Emergency Management Accrediation from the Emergency Management Accrediation Program (EMAP) in October 2015!
Washoe County's Emergency Manager, Aaron Kenneston, invites all citizens to participate in this extremely important process that has so much do with our safety as a community.
"Every individual needs to understand and prepare for regional hazards by making a plan, assembling a kit, and staying informed. One way to be ready is by attending one of our preparedness events"
- For tips and information about getting prepared before an event or incident go to this website and ready about various things you and your loved ones can do to be prepared.
- Get to Know Your Neighbor Campaign
- Have you filled out our evacuation checklist?
- Washoe Local Preparedness Committee (LEPC)
- Tips for Creating a Disaster Plan (for Businesses and Organizations)
- Federal Preparedness Information (Ready.gov)
- Need to report damage? Click Here
- How to Volunteer
Washoe County recognizes that disasters do not occur within jurisdictional boundaries.
Therefore, we all work together to develop regional plans.
To learn more about all the regional partners, please click here.