Family and Juvenile helpful links
Family and Juvenile helpful linksLGBTQ and ally services - youth programs also
LGTBQ and Ally Community Center in Reno. OUR CENTER is located at 1745 S Wells Ave, Reno, NV. (775) 624-3720. Resources, programs, events, and community support for LGTBQ. Website
Youth Crisis Text Line
The Crisis Text Line, There for the Youth of Nevada,
24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week.
Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. The Crisis Text Line is an innovative way for youth to reach out in a crisis with a technology that they feel comfortable with, (texting) for immediate assistance.
The Principles of the crisis text line are, (from their website):
1. “We fight for the texter. Our first priority is helping people move from a hot moment to a cool calm, guiding you to create a plan to stay safe and healthy. YOU = our priority.
2. We believe data science and technology make us faster and more accurate. See our Founder’s TED talk for more scoop on how we’re using this stuff. While we love data science and technology, we don’t think robots make great Crisis Counselors. Instead, we use this stuff to make us faster and more accurate–but every text is viewed by a human.
3. We believe in open collaboration. We share our learnings in newsletters, at conferences and on social media. And, we’ve opened our data to help fuel other people’s work.”
Free support at your fingertips, 24/7
Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and information via the medium people already use and trust: text. Here’s how it works:
1. Text HOME to 741741 from anywhere in the USA, anytime, about any type of crisis.
2. A live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds quickly.
3. The volunteer Crisis Counselor will help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment
Cost - Our service is completely free, but messaging rates apply if you’re NOT on Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, or T-Mobile.