Frequently Asked Questions

Child Support

For answers to questions concerning child support services or how to make a child support payment, please visit The Division of Welfare and Support Services home page.

Fraudulent Check Diversion Program

 Fraudulent Check Diversion Program payments can be made with Cashier's Checks, Money Orders or Credit Cards at the following locations:

 Pay by mail with a Cashier's Check or Money Order. Mail payments to:

WCDA, Attn: Fraud Check
P.O. Box 11130
Reno, NV 89520

Pay in person with a Cashier's Check, Money Order or Credit Card at:

 Mills B Lane Justice Center
1 South Sierra St, 4th Floor
Reno, NV 89501       

Pay online with a Credit Card hereCredit Card payments can be made online or in person.  Credit Card payments will not be accepted by mail or by phone.

Victims of Fraudulent Check crimes can find more information here.

How do I get an attorney for a civil matter? What if I don’t have money for an attorney?

The Nevada State Bar has a list of licensed attorneys in the area and some are listed by specialty.

If you can’t afford an attorney, you can contact Washoe Legal Services.  There is also help available at the Washoe County Law Library located in the Second Judicial District Court building at 75 Court Street, Reno, Nevada.  They have a program called Lawyer in the Library on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings with free legal help.

How do I get copies of my court papers?

You will need to contact the Court Clerk’s Office for copies of court papers.