How To Report A Complaint

Business License Code, Nuisance Code, and

Development Code


Thank you for your interest in maintaining the standards required by Washoe County land use, business license, and nuisance codes. Since our Code Enforcement Officers (CEO) cannot be everywhere at the same time, your assistance in identifying problem areas is invaluable.  We appreciate your name and phone number, because we can contact you if we have additional questions, or if we find the complaint is not in our jurisdiction or scope of responsibility. Anonymous complaints will be accepted and investigated.

Washoe County only enforces Land Use, Business License, and Nuisance Code complaints in the unincorporated areas of Washoe County.

You may file a complaint using ONE of the following methods:

  1. Use our online form by clicking here:  Complaint Form;
  2. Call the Code Enforcement hotline at (775) 328-6106;
  3. Visit the Planning and Building front counter (located on the second floor of Building A, Washoe County Administration Complex, 1001 East Ninth Street in Reno);
  4. Mail a letter to:  Washoe County Community Services Department, Planning and Building Division, Attn:  Code Enforcement, PO Box 11130, Reno, NV 89520-0027;

Unincorporated County areas include all or part of the following communities:

Cold Springs, Crystal Bay, Geiger Grade, Gerlach, Golden Valley, Incline Village, Lemmon Valley, Mogul, Mount Rose, Red Rock, Southeast and Southwest Truckee Meadows, Spanish Springs, Sun Valley, Verdi, Wadsworth and Warm Springs. This is not an exhaustive list.  Because the Cities of Reno and Sparks continually annex areas into their jurisdictions, please call us at (775) 328-6106 to find out which agency has jurisdiction.

Complaint Procedures

Code Enforcement Program Contact:
Phone:   (775) 328-6106
Fax:       (775) 328-6133