Lemmon Valley Update
Our region experienced a combination of weather patterns beginning in the fall of 2016 that resulted in record setting snowfall, rain with subsequent runoff that created localized flooding. Particularly impacted were the closed hydro-basins in Lemmon Valley and Stead. Over the next Fall through Spring season, staff will be continuing protection efforts for the region. Residents will see staff from multiple agencies in the community. For additional information on activities please visit this website or call Washoe311 at 3-1-1, (775) 328-2003, or email email@example.com.
September Update: Approved by the Washoe County Board of County Commissioners, staff is continuing winter preparations and protections and preparing long term plans for future protection and remediation efforts. View the Washoe County Board meeting online .
October Update: Winter Preparations Frequently Asked Questions: Safety is our number one priority. Washoe County staff is committed to supporting the communities' efforts to protect against flooding during weather events. The HESCO barriers, storm water pumps, and all the service contracts will remain in place during the winter and through at least the spring of 2018. Staff will continue the ongoing monitoring of the area and make adjustments accordingly. Please review the frequently asked questions and winter preparation community packet for winter preparations including maintaining access, flood protection and monitoring.
November Update: Washoe County continues to prepare, monitor and respond to changes in the weather conditions and on the ground to localized flooding and resident concerns. An update to the Board of County Commissioners is planned for December 2017.
See a list of resources for residents impacted by flooding:
- December 1, 2017 - New Berm Construction on Pompe Way
- October 31, 2017 - North Valleys Winter Preparation and Open House
- November 18, 2017 Winter Preparation and Open House Community Packet
- September 2017 Press Release: Update on North Valleys Flood Plan
- Lemmon Valley Update Aug. 3, 2017
- Lemmon Valley Update July 27, 2017
- US Army Corps of Engineers Technical Assistance
- Community Update May 11, 2017
- Community Update April 17, 2017
- April 5, 2017 Weekend Sandbagging Locations
- How Washoe County Measures North Valley Lakes
- Lemmon Valley Resident FAQ Sheet
- Nevada Department of Emergency Management
- Community Update - March 24, 2017
- Community Update - March 23, 2017
- Deadline to submit water testing ends 3/23
- Community Update - March 22, 2017
- Restricted access for non-residents
- Water pumping underway
- Video of barrier announcement
- Health District Water FAQs
- Sandbagging Techniques
- Potable water available
- Photo Gallery
- Lemmon Valley Recovers Community Website
- Volunteer Organizations Lemmon Valley
- Recursos para las inundaciones en Lemmon Valley
- Press releases
- See list of sandbag locations
- See flood prone areas
Interested additional information on flooding in the North Valleys please call Washoe311 at (775) 328-2003, 3-1-1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How a flood barrier is helping North Valleys residents: