Washoe County is constantly working to provide a safe, secure and healthy community. To do that, we are active in the business community with our regional partners to foster responsible economic growth in the area that will lead to more jobs and a better quality of life for our residents.
Scroll down to learn more about the opportunities Washoe County can offer.
For more information, contact Mojra Hauenstein at 775-328-3619 or MHauenstein@washoecounty.us.
Why Washoe County?
Washoe County is known for its business freindly climate. It is one of a few counties in the west that offers:
- No personal state income tax
- No unitary tax
- No corporate income tax
- No estate tax
- No franchise tax
- No inheritance tax
- No special intangible tax
The Washoe County Community Services Department also offers incentives that make it easy for you to transtion, including:
- Streamlined Permitting with Concierge Service
- Sales Tax Deferral
- Personal Property Tax Abatement
- Property Tax Exemptions
- Nevada Hub Zone Abatements
- Train Employees Now (TEN) Grant
- Procurement Outreach Program
- Sales and Use Tax Abatement
- Payroll Tax Abatement
- Property Tax Abatement - Recycling
- Renewable and Energy Storage Abatements
- Aviation and Data Center Abatements
- Industrial Developement Bonds
- Made in Nevada Marketing
Population - 436,797
Elevation - 4,153
Median age - 37.5
Square miles - 6,551
Days of sunshine per year - 300
Avg. summer temp. - 87.9
Avg. winter temp. - 50.4
Established - 1861
Did You Know?