- Boards, Commissions & Committees
- Citizen Advisory Boards
- Washoe County Advisory Board to Manage Wildlife (CABMW)
- Local Government Oversight Committee
- Engineering & Capital Projects
- Capital Projects
- Floodplain Management
- GPS Base Stations & Survey Control Information
- Carson City (DOT1) GPS Base Station
- Fallon (FLN1) GPS Base Station
- Fernley (COPF1) GPS Base Station
- Gardnerville (GARD) GPS Base Station
- Gerlach (GERL) GPS Base Station
- Incline Village (INV1) GPS Base Station
- Northwest Reno (RNO1) GPS Base Station
- Spanish Springs 2 (SSB2) GPS Base Station
- Stead (STEA) GPS Base Station
- Yerington (YER1) GPS Base Station
- Water Reclamation Facility (WWRF) GPS Base Station
- Land Development Review
- Presumed Public Roads
- Property Leasing
- Regional Street Directory & Street Naming Forms
- Standard Details
- Stormwater Drainage and Flash Floods
- Street Cut and Revocable Encroachment Permits
- Tahoe Water Quality
- Technical Map Checks: Status and Fees
- Traffic Engineering
- Boards & Commissions
- Lands Bill
- Business License
- Census & Demographics
- Code Enforcement
- Development Code
- Master Plan & Maps
- Regional Open Space
- Surveys on Housing and Growth
- Zoning Maps
- Regional Parks and Open Space
- Equipment Services, Facilities and Roads
- Community Services Department
- About Utility Services
- Bill Payment Options
- Central Truckee Meadows Remediation District
- Golden Valley Aquifer Recharge Program
- North Spanish Springs Floodplain Detention Facility
- Water & Sanitary Sewer Financial Assistance Program
- TMWA Drought and Water Supply FAQ
- Is a permit required for a permanent cargo container?
- Why is the Washoe County Code (cargo containers) being reviewed for possible change?
- What happened that started the discussion?
- Why are some cargo containers under different rules?
- What does current Washoe County Code say about cargo containers?
- What changes were recently made to the code regarding cargo containers?
- What’s next regarding cargo containers?
- How can I share a positive CSD experience?
- Economic Development
- Lemmon Valley Update
- Business License
Washoe County is constantly working to provide a safe, secure and healthy community. To do that, we are active in the business community with our regional partners to foster responsible economic growth in the area that will lead to more jobs and a better quality of life for our residents.
Scroll down to learn more about the opportunities Washoe County can offer.
For more information, contact Sarah Tone at 775-328-2721 or email@example.com
Why Washoe County?
Washoe County is known for its business friendly climate. It is one of a few counties in the west that offers:
- No personal state income tax
- No unitary tax
- No corporate income tax
- No estate tax
- No franchise tax
- No inheritance tax
- No special intangible tax
The Washoe County Community Services Department also offers incentives that make it easy for you to transition, including:
- Streamlined Permitting with Concierge Service
- Sales Tax Deferral
- Personal Property Tax Abatement
- Property Tax Exemptions
- Nevada Hub Zone Abatements
- Train Employees Now (TEN) Grant
- Procurement Outreach Program
- Sales and Use Tax Abatement
- Payroll Tax Abatement
- Property Tax Abatement - Recycling
- Renewable and Energy Storage Abatements
- Aviation and Data Center Abatements
- Industrial Development Bonds
- Made in Nevada Marketing
Population - 436,797
Elevation - 4,153
Median age - 37.5
Square miles - 6,551
Days of sunshine per year - 300
Avg. summer temp. - 87.9
Avg. winter temp. - 50.4
Established - 1861
Did You Know?