COVID-19 Updates Impacting Permitting Process
Even though the Washoe County Complex is closed to the public for now, we are still working to accommodate your business needs. We continue to accept new permit applications, corrections and revisions. We are also continuing to provide plan review and inspections services, however, we have made changes to our business processes. Please read about these updates below:
- Submit for New permit: All new permits need to be submitted via our online platform. Permit Technichians are only in office Tuesdays and Thursdays to assist with correction drop offs, payments, and issuing plans that were previously submitted on paper.
- What to expect after submitting for a permit?: After submitting for a building permit, please allow for 48 hrs to receive a response from a Permit Technichan. This allows the Permit Technician to review the application, access fees, and ensure the the record is complete. Once you have been notified that your application is complete, you will be able to pay the fees that have been invoiced.
- Payment: Payments are accepted online via your account once a Permit Technician has invoiced fees. We accept credit card and e-check payments for all permit types with th exception of Residential New/remodel/addition, Commercial New/TI/Addition and Mobile homes, these permit types can only be paid via e-check online.
- If needing to call for payment or drop a check off, we will schedule a time on a Tuesday or Thursday. These are the only days Permit Technicians are in office.
- Online Platform:https://aca.accela.com/ONE/Default.aspx
- Instructions: Create Account / Submit online
- Submit Corrections: Permits that have been submitted originally on paper will need to continue to submit corrections on paper. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time for drop off. Drop offs will only be scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Electronic Permit Corrections: Permits that have been submitted using our online platform, will need to upload the complete set of plans with the corrected sheets. You will also need to upload the response letter, which will need to be its own document.Please than notify either the Permit Technician you have been working with or notify email@example.com that documents have been uploaded.
- Submit Revision: We are accepting revisions to all plans through our online platform. If you haven't used our online platform before, please follow the instruction listed above, under "Online Platform" and "Instructions". You will also need to notify a permit technician at firstname.lastname@example.org that you have created an account. A permit technician will link the permit record to your account. Once you are linked to the permit record please follow the directions below.
- Log onto your account
- Click on the permit number you would like to submit
- Select the drop down box labeled record info, then attachements
- Upload documents
- Email us at email@example.com to notify us that you have uploaded Revisions
- Pay fees: You can now pay all fees online. Please note that some permit types only allow E-Check payment. If no fees are listed as due please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Pick up: If you have a permit that is ready to pickup and was submitted on paper, please contact us at email@example.com to schedule a pick up time and receive instructions. Permit pick ups will only be scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Permits that were submitted using our online platform will receive all approved documents via your online account.
- Inspections: We are currently conducting inspections as usual. We request permit holders, contractors or superintendents meet our inspectors immediately upon arrival with a set of approved plans. Please maintain social distancing and OSHA protocols towards our inspectors.