Little Valley Fire Victims Support Information
Updated Plan Submittal Information
New Permit Inspection Code Numbers!!!
New Permit Software Coming October 31 !!!
Dear Construction and Design Community,
As you may know, Washoe County is implementing new software for Permits and Licensing in association with the Health District, the City of Reno and the City of Sparks. The go-live date is October 31 and we wanted to share possible delays in services around this date as follows:
- If possible, we ask the Community to avoid submitting new applications from noon on Thursday October 27 through Tuesday November 1. The software systems will be offline and services will be limited. You may experience delays in services.
- Money will not be collected after 3:30 pm on October 27th.
- Permits will not be issued nor any money collected on October 31.
- Because of training and software installation during our construction season peak, plan review times may be extended by 10 business days. Within 30 days after go-live, we should be back to normal plan review times.
- Inspections codes have been changed and streamlined. A new code sheet will be available after October 19th. Old codes will be accepted through Thursday October 27th.
- The existing IVR will be in service through 11:30 pm Sunday October 30th. The new IVR will be available for scheduling inspections after 3 pm Monday October 31.
- Starting August 16 through November 14th, plans & drawings of permits that have been issued and sent to imaging may not show in the new archiving system for 30 days. It is anticipated by the end of November, the archiving process should be back to normal processing times. This should not impact the public or our customers.
The new software system should allow the local jurisdictions to add additional capabilities over the next year that the old system would not allow. We appreciate your patience as we transition to the new software system and we apologize in advance for any inconveniences or delays.
2015 Northern Nevada Energy Amendments
Effective July 1, 2016.
Effective July 1, 2016, the Northern Nevada Energy Amendments to the International Energy Conservation Code. Click Here.
New Front Counter Hours
Building & Safety testing new permit system.
In order to roll out the new regional permit system currently schedule for the beginning of 2016, staff is needed for review, testing, and training. Therefore, in order to do this the most efficiently and with minimum impact to our customers, Washoe County Building & Safety front counter will be closed Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 7:30 am to 10:00 am from September 9th through October 1st. Additional dates may be needed before the final roll out of the permit system.
The new regional permit system will have many new functions including the ability to pay for fees, schedule inspections, and obtaining simple permits on-line. Designers and contractors will also be able to obtain plan review comments and inspection results on-line.
More information and updates will be available here at www.washoecounty.us/building/news.php
TRPA Grading Season
Seasonal Limitations: Excavation, filling, and clearing of vegetation or other disturbance of the soil shall not occur between October 15 and May 1 of each year, unless approval has b een granted by TRPA pursuant to subparagraph B. Prior to October 15, all construction sites shall be winterized.
Grading Season Exceptions: TRPA may approve grading after October 15 if TRPA finds either that an emergency exists and the grading is necessary for the protection of public health or safety, or that the grading is for erosion control purposes or protection of water quality.
Grading Season Exception are on the new TRPA web page are located here… www.trpa.org/permitting/inspections-securities/
The online application is located here… www.grading.trpa.org/
Instructions for completing an application for a Grading Season Exception:
1) Fill out and submit the online application. It is very important that you provide an email address. Please do not attach additional documents.
2) After receiving your application, TRPA will email you a notice containing a TRPA file number. The file number will be GEXC2013-????. Please allow up to 3 business days before your file number is issued. This first email is not an approval.
3) Submit appropriate fees (Single Family Dwelling – $60, Commercial or Linear – $148, Environmental Improvement – free). Be sure to write file number on checks. You may also call in with credit card information; however, do not leave credit card numbers on voice mail messages or emails.
4) If your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email and occasional updates. Print this approval email and maintain a copy on site during construction. A list of approved GSE’s will also be available at TRPA and County/City Building Departments. You do not need to reapply for additional time or pay an additional fee unless you change the description of work to be completed.
5) Check the weather daily at www.forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=CAZ072
6) Check GSE information daily on the TRPA web page.
Adoption of New Codes Now in Effect
As of September 1, 2013, the Washoe County Building & Safety Division has adopted the following codes:
2012 International Building Code
2012 International Residential Code
2012 International Existing Building Code
2009 International Energy Conservation Code
2012 International Fuel Gas Code
2012 International Green Construction Code
2012 International Mechanical Code
2012 International Wildland-Urban Interface Code
2012 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
2012 Uniform Plumbing Code
2012 Uniform Mechanical Code
2011 National Electrical Code
2011 Northern Nevada Energy Code Amendments by the NNICC
2012 Northern Nevada Amendments by the NNICC
Please Help Us, Help You!
1. Corrections will only be accepted after the initial review has first been completed by all departments.
2. All department corrections must be submitted at the same time to continue the review process.
3. Subsequent corrections or revisions will not be accepted until the previous correction review has been completed by all departments.