Applications - Submittal Checklists
Applications & Submittal Checklists
Important: Only a Nevada Licensed contractor may obtain a building permit for any commercial construction or multi-family residential construction per NRS 624.031
If you are a licensed Nevada contractor and want an employee, other than a listed officer of the corporation, to pick-up and sign for a permit on your behalf our Contractor Authorization Form must be completed, signed and returned to our office prior to any permits being released.
Applications These forms can be filled out online & printed, and are required to be submitted with your plans, or in the case of utility and reroof permits, faxed or e-mailed to us for processing.
If your property/project is on a septic system, you will also need to fill out the Washoe County Health Septic Application.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: See checklist for Engineering minimum permit submittal requirements for ANY BUILDING PERMIT that could impact drainage or grading.
- Plan Submittal Requirements
- Business License Inspection Permit Application
- Commercial Permit Application
- Demolition Permit Application
- Environmental Health Septic Permit Application
- Grading Application
- Financial Assurance Request Form
- Grading Financial Guarantees
- Manufactured Housing Application
- Pool Permit Application
- Reinspection/Special Inspection Application
- Residential Permit Application
- Reroof Permit Application
- Sample Site Plan
- Sign Application
- Utility Permit Application *
- High-Piled Combustible Storage Permit Application
*Please note that this application has been updated with a Code Update Page. Please read completely prior to submitting your application
- If you are unsure as to whether your property is located with the County or within the sphere of influence of either the City of Reno or Sparks, please contact Washoe County Planning Division at 328-6100.
If you have any problems or concerns regarding the Building & Safety web-site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 - Washoe County Department of Building & Safety All rights reserved