Events and Clinics
Need to spay or neuter your dog or cat? Great news! WCRAS has partnered with the SPCA of Northern Nevada to bring affordable spay/neuter services to qualifying pet owners in Washoe County! In order to qualify, a few screening questions will be asked:
- Are you within 100% poverty level? See more about poverty level here: Federal Poverty Guidelines OR
- Are you receiving any government assistance such as; SNAP, Medicaid, Disability or unemployment?
- Senior 60+ on low income would also qualify for this program
- You must be a Washoe County resident
Other spay/neuter resources that you may also consider:
- The Nevada Humane Society: NHS-Spay/Neuter Program
- SPCA of Northern Nevada: SPCA-Spay/Neuter Program
The September 21st clinic is full. We are taking appointments for the October 6th clinic that runs from 3:00pm - 7:00pm.
This will be a drive through clinic, you will stay in your vehicle due to Covid-19. To schedule an appointment Please call 775-353-8955 and leave a message and we will get back to you.
See a list of vaccine clinics for other organizations listed below.
WCRAS Clinic Prices are:
- Rabies (for cats and dogs): $10
- DA2PPV: $10 (core vaccines for dogs, distemper/parvo combination)
- FVRCP $10 (core vaccine for cats, distemper/upper respiratory)
- Bordetella BOOSTER only: $20
- Deworming: $10
- Microchipping: $12 (free! for pets residing in Washoe County)
- Dog license: Altered & Senior (60+): $8
Unaltered dog license: $20.00
Dogs residing in Washoe County are required to be licensed with Washoe County. Dog Licenses can be purchased at the clinics.
Other low cost vaccination clinics:
- SPCA of Nothern Nevada: SPCA Vaccination Clinic
- Nevada Humane Society: Nevada Humane Society Vaccination Clinic
- Palomino Valley Pet Rescue: Palomino Valley Pet Rescue Vaccination Clinic
SENIOR PET FOOD DISTRIBUTION
WCRAS has partnered with the Nevada Humane Society to deliver free pet food to seniors for their pets. Distribution is the third Tuesday of every month from 8:00am until 10:00am or while supplies last. Seniors are 60+ and must have a local ID.
- October 20, 2020, 8:00am to 10:00am (while supplies last) Free pet food distribution only. Senior Services 1155 E. 9th St.
- November 17th, 2020, 8:00am to 10:00am (while supplies last) Free pet food distribution only. Senior Services 1155 E. 9th St.
All other events are suspended at this time due to Covid-19.