Events and Clinics
LOW COST VACCINATION CLINICS AT WCRAS
1st Tuesday of every month from 3:00pm to 7:00pm, Washoe County Regional Animal Services in the classroom. Clinics are walk-in, no appointment needed.
2018 Clinic Dates Clinic Prices Are:
- July 3, 2018 Rabies: $10
- August 7, 2018 DA2PPV: $10 (core vaccines for dogs, distemper/parvo combination)
- September 4, 2018 FVRCP $10 (core vaccine for cats - distemper/upper respiratory)
- October 2, 2018 Bordetella BOOSTER only: $20
- November 6, 2018 Deworming: $10
- December 4, 2018 Microchipping: $12 (free! for pets residing in Washoe County)
- NO CLINIC January 1, 2019 Altered & Senior dog license: $8, unaltered dog license: $20.00
Dogs residing in Washoe County are required to be licensed with Washoe County.
Dog Licenses can be purchased at the clinics.
SENIOR PET FOOD DISTRIBUTION
PET FOOD DISTRIBUTION DATES (for pets belonging to seniors 60+, must have identification): distribution will go until planned or while supplies last.
*August 21, 2018, 8:00 am to 10:00 am. FREE pet food distribution only. Senior Services 1155 E. 9th
*September 18, 2018, 8:00am to 10:00 am. FREE pet food distribution only. Senior Services 1155 E. 9th
*October 16, 2018 see below. The pet food distribution will be held at the same time/location as the senior vaccination clinic!
*November 20, 2018, 8:00am to 10:00 am. FREE pet food distribution only. Senior Services 1155 E. 9th
* Saturday, September 22nd, 2018: Low cost vaccination clinic. Scolari's 5430 Sun Valley Blvd. 10:00a.m. - 2:00 p.m. See prices above.
* Free clinic for pets belonging to seniors! Pet owner must be 60+ and have a Nevada ID. October 16th from 9:00am-12:00pm at the Washoe County Senior Services Center, 1155 E. 9th St. in the courtyard. The pet must belong to the senior, not a relative or another person.
Pets of the Homeless:
August 14th, 8:00am - 11:00am: WCRAS has partnered with VCA Lakeside Animal Hospital to provide services to dogs and cats belonging to the homeless. Dr. Megan Plateman is offering wellness exams, nail trims, vaccinations, dewormers and other medical needs and free pet food. WCRAS will have staff on hand offering free microchipping to pets residing in Washoe County. Pet owner must be homeless and have a Clarity Card to qualify.
Event will be held on campus at 335 Record Street, Reno, NV 89512.