Off Leash Dog Parks
Virginia Lake Park Dog Park, 1980 Lakeside Dr., Reno, NV 89509
Whitaker Park Dog Park, 550 University Terrace, Reno, NV 89503
Sparks Marina Park Dog Park, 300 Howard Dr., Sparks, Nevada 89434
PLEASE BE PREPARED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES PURSUANT TO WASHOE COUNTY CODE:
- Pet handlers are legally responsible for the behavior of their dogs and any injuries or damages caused by any action of their dogs.
- All dogs must be physically leashed upon entering and exiting the dog park.
- Electronic collars and voice control are not considered leashes.
- Pet handlers are required by law (WC Chapter 55) to clean up after their dogs, waste receptacles are provided.
- All dogs must have current licenses and vaccination tags.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted - handlers must remove their dog upon the first sign of aggression.
- Professional dog trainers may not use the facility to conduct their business.
- Dogs shall not dig or disturb park resources. Handlers must repair the damage and should not return if this is a common practice for their dog.
- Limit of three dogs per handler.
- Dogs younger than 4 months are not permitted.
- Dogs that are ill, injured, or in heat are not permitted.
- Be cautious of dog toys; some dogs don't like to share.
- Children age 12 and under need to be supervised at all times.