Off Leash Dog Parks
Virginia Lake Park Dog Park, 1980 Lakeside Dr., Reno, NV 89509
Whitaker Park Dog Park, 550 University Terrace, Reno, NV 89503
Sparks Marina Park Dog Park, 300 Howard Dr., Sparks, NV 89434
PLEASE BE PREPARED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES PURSUANT TO WASHOE COUNTY CODE:
- Pet handlers are legally responsible for the behavior of their dogs and any injuries or damages caused by any action of their dogs.
- All dogs must be physically leashed upon entering and exiting the dog park.
- Electronic collars and voice control are not considered leashes.
- Pet handlers are required by law (WC Chapter 55) to clean up after their dogs, waste receptacles are provided.
- All dogs must have current licenses and vaccinations.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted - handlers must remove their dog upon the first sign of aggression.
- For professional dog trainers, it is recommended you call an dverify if you need a permit to conduct business at the park.
- Dogs shall not dig or disturb park resources. Handlers must repair the damage and should not return if this is a common practice for their dog.
- Recommended no more than three dogs per handler, for their safety.
- We recommended leaving all dogs that ar ill, injured, in heat, or younger than 4 months old at home, for their safety.
- Be cautious of dog toys; some dogs don't like to share.
- It is recommended that children age 12 and under should be supervised at all times.