Online Licensing for New Dogs
A current rabies vaccination certificate for your dog is required before a license tag can be issued: The certificate can be scanned or photographed and uploaded when you license online (please use jpg format). If you are unable to do this, you can send it by email, fax or mail (see below).
- When you click the link at the bottom of this page, you will be redirected to licensepet.com.
- If you received a license notification letter with a tag number and person ID in the top right corner then you can use the quick license application.
- Select yes to the first and second question “Did you receive a notice?” and “Do you have the tag number and person ID?”
- Enter your tag number and your person ID number exactly as they are in the notice.
- If you do not have the tag number and person ID
- Select no to the first question “Did you receive a notice?”.
- When selecting a vet, if you vet is not listed, you will need to enter the vet’s name or clinic name.
- A microchip number is not mandatory but you can enter that information for free registration with WCRAS.
- After you click “Show me license types to choose from”, the page refreshes and you will need to scroll down to see the license type to choose.
- If you have other dogs to license just add another animal type to continue licensing. Otherwise click on “I’m done…” and it will take you to the checkout page.
- Any comments or updates you can enter in the comment box at the top of the shopping cart page.
- Click “Continue to payment website” to be directed to a secure page for credit card payment to Washoe County.
- It is asking for a license number and a person ID.
- This is only for license renewals or new licensing when you have been provided with those numbers (see above). You will need to start over and check “No” for the question “Did you receive a notice” or “Do you have a tag number and person ID”.
- I am not able to upload the rabies certificate.
- You will not need to upload it to continue online but you will need to submit it by email, fax or mail to receive your license tag
- It won’t let me continue without entering the microchip.
- A microchip is not required. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see your license selection.
- It keeps reloading the animal information page and won’t show me the licenses to choose from.
- If you scroll to the bottom of the page, the license selection should be there.
How to Submit a Rabies Certificate:
Online during licensing by uploading the certificate (certificate must be a jpeg file to upload).
By fax at (775) 856-4626
By email to email@example.com
By mail to Washoe County Regional Animal Services 2825 Longley Lane, Suite A, Reno NV 89502.
***Please make sure that the owner's name on the certificate is the same as the name the dog will be licensed under. If it is not, please write in the new owner's name and address so we can match it to the correct license.