The mission of the Department of Alternative Sentencing (DAS) is to increase safety in the community by reducing recidivism among criminal offenders, through a rehabilitative environment that includes accountability for offenses, opportunities for gaining and applying life skills, and sanctions for regressive behaviors.
- Reduce the revolving door syndrome in the criminal justice system
- Provide guidance and structure to those who are at risk of re-arrest and incarceration.
- Coordinate cases in a sometimes very confusing multi-jurisdictional environment
- Provide information, resources and education to probationers sentenced to the program in an effort to modify their behavior
- Strive to assist probationers in making positive changes in their lives
- Create a safer environment for our community and future generations
- Reduce the burden of public services to those who are capable of providing for themselves through guidance and structure
- Provide the best service possible to the community
Main Office (For probation and general information or to speak with a DAS representative)