ABOUT THE PERMITS+PLUS ZONE
The Permits+Plus Zone is an ongoing endeavor to streamline the Washoe County permit process by bringing together various departments who are working toward making the permit process more seamless for the customer. Current and upcoming improvements include: single points of contact; concurrent review by various departments; consolidation of codes where possible to eliminate redundancy or conflict; digital plan submission and review; ability to view permit status and schedule inspections online; re-design of the permitting area at Washoe County offices; and revised handouts and applications that make permit requirements clear and consistent. Please look for these and other improvements in the near future.
The following departments are involved in the Permits+Plus Zone and are dedicated to providing you with a more streamlined, efficient permit process:
Please note that clicking on the above links will open a new browser window.
The Permits+Plus Zone was developed in response to customer feedback and we hope that we succeed in our efforts to improve the permit process. We welcome your feedback in letting us know how we're doing.
The following handouts are in PDF format and are designed to provide a more comprehensive review of submittal requirements. Additional handouts will be posted online as they are made available.
- Single Family Residence (338 KB) - Outline of the requirements for a single family dwelling submittal.
- Additions (692 KB) - Outline of the requirements for a additions to a single family dwelling.
- Garage and Sheds (1.4 MB) - Outline of the requirements for a garage or shed submittal.
- Deck and Awning (3.0 MB) - Outline of the requirements for a deck or awning submittal.
- Grading (851 KB) - Outline of the requirements for a grading permit. Additional information on grading regulations can be found in Washoe County Code Section 110.438, Grading Standards.
- Special Inspection (573 KB) - Forms that must be completed when special inspections are required. The majority of building permits require special inspections.
- Fences and Retaining Walls (585 KB) - Outline of the requirements for fences and retaining walls submittal for both residential and commercial properties.
- Community Development Applications - Additional applications available from the Department of Community Development.
- Community Development Handouts - Additional handouts explaining the review process for applications processed by the Department of Community Development.
1001 East Ninth Street, Building A
Reno, NV 89512
Click here for directions.
Incline Village office:
855 Alder Avenue
Incline Village, NV 89451
Click here for directions.