Grossology: The (Impolite Science of the Human Body) January 3 - April 26, 2015
Ewwww! That's the reaction visitors of all ages will have when they see Grossology: The (Impolite) Science of the Human Body! Kids of all ages will love discovering the answers to all the questions they have about the mushy, oozy, crusty, scaly, and smelly biology of the body. This science-in-disguise exhibition features dozens of animatronics, imaginative games, and interactive elements to take visitors on an up close and personal tour of the body functions that most people don’t like to talk about!
- Take aim and launch dirt balls into a larger-than-life nose to discover how boogers are formed.
- Play the “Gas Attack” pinball game with bumpers dressed up as food items that cause gas.
- Mimic the build-up of acid indigestion by causing the “Burp Machine” to release a giant belch.
- Visit the “Vomit Center” to learn the many reasons humans vomit.
- Take a ride on the GI slide to discover how food becomes waste.
- Scale a skin climbing wall where the hand and foot holds are pimples, warts, and scabs.
- Discover other mysterious ways the body’s biology does what it needs to do to keep us healthy!
This exhibit was created by Science World British Columbia and Advanced Exhibits, in collaboration Sylvia Branzei -- the author of the best-selling Grossology series of books for kids.
Wilbur D. May Museum
1595 N. Sierra Street
Inside Rancho San Rafael Regional Park
Reno, Nevada 89503