About the Manager's Office
Washoe County Manager's Office
1001 E. 9th Street, #A201
Reno, NV 89512
PO Box 11130, Attn: Manager's Office
Reno, NV, 89520
Mission: The mission of the Washoe County Manager’s Office is to provide effective leadership in support of Washoe County’s vision, governance and exemplary service.
Below is a list of employees in the Manager's Office. To find out more about an employee, click his or her name, if underlined, and a profile and/or photo will appear in the pane to the right. A full description of the divisions and programs within the Manager's Office is provided below.
As chief executive for Washoe County, the County Manager serves as liaison between the Board of County Commissioners and elected and appointed department directors, other governmental jurisdictions, community and business groups, employees, and county customers. The Manager’s Office facilitates presentation of issues to the Board for their consideration, and the Manager’s staff ensures effective implementation of direction given by the BCC. As with some other departments, the roles of this department are split between different functions of government. The Manager’s Office consists of the following divisions:
- The Administrative Division provides planning, strategy, organizational development and oversight and financial management, as well as all personnel support to the Department and the County Commission.
- The Community Relations Division develops strategic communications for internal and external stakeholders in Washoe County encouraging participation in county government and facilitates issue management to the benefit of the community and the county. Internal stakeholders include: department heads, elected department heads and all County employees; external stakeholders include: Commissioners, citizens, key community leaders, partnering community agencies and all local, regional and statewide media outlets.
- The Internal Audit Division conducts performance audits to assess departmental functions and processes to determine if they are achieving their intended purposes and doing so in an economical manner. Compliance audits are conducted to ensure that internal controls sufficient to ensure integrity and accuracy in financial processing and reporting are established and followed.
- The Management Services Division oversees the following programs:
- Management Services Administration provides research, analysis and project management service to the County Manager, staff support to various County committees and advisory boards, administrative support to Management Services Programs, and support for the County Commissioners as requested.
- County Grant Management Program provides leadership and coordination for grants by planning and coordinating a County-wide grant management program, providing technical assistance to departments to ensure compliance with grant requirements, and increasing grant funding to Washoe County.
- Government Affairs Program manages issues of impact on Washoe County and promotes the County’s interests at the federal, state, regional, and local levels.
- Organizational Effectiveness Program coordinates strategic planning for the organization, assists with strategic planning for the departments within Washoe County, and supports the County’s Organizational Effectiveness Committee.
- Emergency Management Program maintains emergency management plans for Washoe County with the participation of local, county, state and federal agencies and organizations. The Office arranges training and exercises to test emergency plans, coordinates the Washoe County Crisis Action Team; provides administrative support to the Local Emergency Planning Committee, administers State/Federal Homeland Security/Emergency Management Grants; and manages the Regional Emergency Operations Center (REOC).
- Fire Services Program coordinates various fire service activities and provides advice on fire service issues to the County Manager, the Board of County Commissioners, and various boards of fire commissioners in Washoe County.