On June 28, 2011, the Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District Board of Fire Commissioners elected to terminate the Interlocal Agreement with the City of Reno. Direct operational responsibility will transfer back to Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District (TMFPD) on July 1, 2012. For a historical overview of the process to improve fire service in our community please download the timeline. For a quick summary of Washoe County Fire Services please download our two page handout "TMF Fire Services: Creating a Cost-Effective Regional Fire Service"
Below are links to a few key documents:
- Joint Powers Agreement Option Worksheet referenced at the April 10, Board of Fire Commissioners meeting.
- Presentation to the BCC on March 27, 2011
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District/Sierra Fire Protection District: Where we have been and where we are now
- March 13, 2012 Staff Report: Authorization to submit cooperative agreement between the City of Reno, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, and Sierra Fire Protection District for fire services (closest resource first regardless of jurisdiction boundaries)...
- March 27, 2012 Staff Report: FY 12-13 service levels and revenue alternatives for a consolidated Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and the Sierra Fire Protection District fire services operation.
- Sparks Response for Three Man Fire Crews
A small community forum for the Hidden Valley area as held on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. An informal community discussion specific to that area, was held at Regional Animal Services, For more information, please download the invitation flyer.
Specific to the South West Truckee Meadows area, a community forum will be held on May 8, 2012 at Bartley Ranch. The event will begin at 6:00 p.m. and run to 7:30 p.m. Bartley Ranch is located at 6000 Bartley Ranch Road and the meeting will be held in the Western Heritage Building. For more information, please download the invitation flyer. The agenda is also available online.
In the Verdi Mogul Communities, a community forum will be held on May 24, 2012 at the Verdi Elementary School. The event will be held between 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. The Verdi Elementary School is located at 250 Bridge Street and the meeting will be held in the cafeteria. For more information please download the invitation flyer.
Restarting direct delivery of service will not be a simple task. Much work is required to ensure the seamless transition of service between the entities. The primary focus of this effort must be to effectively manage the transition, so that there is no interruption of service to the community. The expanded Transition Plan (Approved 12/13/2011) describes in detail the actions that are necessary to accomplish the transfer of operational responsibility and includes tasks related to incorporating Sierra Fire Protection District. The plan is divided into nine functional areas. Click on each functional area to view the timeline progress.
- Capital Assets and Equipment
- Human Resources
- Risk Management
- External Relationships
- Volunteer Fire Departments
To view the fire district boundaries, click here
The Reno/Truckee Meadows/Washoe County Transition Team members are:
- Washoe County: Management Services Director John Slaughter and Kurt Laitpow
- City of Reno: Michael Hernandez
- City of Reno Primary Contact: Tray Palmer: email: firstname.lastname@example.org and phone: 813-8599
Transition Plan Functional Areas and Lead Contact Information:
- Organization and Operations: Kurt Latipow: email: email@example.com and phone 775.328.2716
- Capital Assets and Equipment: Dave Solaro: email: firstname.lastname@example.org and phone: 775.328.3624
- Human Resources: Kathy Hart: email: email@example.com and phone: 775.328.8027
- Finance: Sheri Mendez: email: firstname.lastname@example.org and phone: 775.328.2561
- Risk Management: Doreen Teasley: email: email@example.com and phone: 775.328.3711
- Legal: Blaine Cartlidge: email: firstname.lastname@example.org and phone: 775.337.5731
- Technology: Cory Casazza: email: email@example.com and phone: 328.2355
- External Relationships: Kurt Latipow email: firstname.lastname@example.org and phone 775.328.2716
- Volunteer Fire Departments: Kurt Latipow email: email@example.com and phone 775.328.2716
As the transition plan progresses, this webpage will be updated. Please be sure to check back often for updated information. If you have questions or comments, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No items available at this time. Please check back later.