About the Library
is to connect people with information, ideas and experiences to support an eriched and engaged community, one person at a time.
is that all Washoe County residents benefit from the Library's support of literacy and self-education.
Our Operating Philosophy
To serve the public in a friendly, responsive, knowledgeable, customer-oriented manner.
Our Social Contract with the Community
The Library System
- Provides individuals the opportunity to become lifelong learners: informed, literate, educated and culturally enriched
- Connects people with information and knowledge by assisting them in identifying and using resources effectively
- Values diversity and strives to reflect that diversity in our programs, services and collection
- Protects each individual's privacy and confidentiality when using the library's resources and services
- Affirms the responsibility and right of parents and guardians to guide their own children's use of library services and resources
- Contributes to the preservation of our democratic society by making available the widest possible range of viewpoints, opinions and ideas
Our Service Goals
Address the need of people to meet and interact with others, and to participate in public discourse.
Current Topics and Titles
Help to fulfill community residents' appetite for information about popular cultural and social trends and their desire for satisfying recreational experiences.
Help meet the need of information services, while effectively addressing the range of literacy levels.
Address the desire for self-directed personal growth and development opportunities.