Emergency Preparedness and Response
Stay Informed...Stay Healthy!
Public Health Preparedness Program
The public health preparedness program is responsible for coordinating activities relating to public health emergency preparedness and response.
What do we do?
- Conduct disease surveillance and outbreak investigations
- Provide training for the healthcare community and other partners on topics related to public health emergencies, such as bioterrorism.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to residents and visitors of our community through our Web site and the local media
- Participate in drills and exercises to test our ability to respond to an emergency
- Write plans that will guide the health department's response to a public health emergency
- Conduct training for our Washoe County Health District employees on those plans
- Provide free online trainings