Profile: Bonnie Weber
Commissioner Bonnie Weber is currently serving her third term as Washoe County Commissioner, and represents District 5, where she has lived as a resident for over 30 years. District 5 represents the largest physical district in the county, incorporating portions of Reno and Sparks, as well as Mogul/Verdi on the west, a portion of Sun Valley and East Truckee Canyon, north to the California and Oregon border, to include North Valleys, Warm Springs, and Gerlach/Empire.
Weber shares a sign and banner business with her husband. She has been active in the community for many years, serving on the Stead Neighborhood Advisory Board, the Reno Commission on the Status of Women, Habitat for Humanity, and many offices within the Republican Party. Bonnie has also served as President of the Truckee Meadows Law Enforcement Chaplaincy program, which is dedicated to serving local law enforcement, for the past four years. She received a Women of Achievement Award in 2010. Additionally, Weber brought the National Association of Counties’ (NACo) 75th Annual Conference and Exposition to Reno/Washoe County, Nevada in the summer of 2010.
Weber has been married to her husband, Mike for 30 years, and they have two children: Lori, who teaches for Washoe County School District, and Matthew, an active 18-year old. Bonnie is a proud grandmother of Xavier, 9 and Zoey, 6.
- National Association of Counties (NACo) Board of Directors (Primary) - appointed January 2009 to present.
- Nevada Association of Counties (NACO) Board of Directors (Primary) - appointed April 2004 to present and served as President in 2009.
- Nevada Commission on Aging - appointed February 2011 to present.
- Nevada Commission for the Reconstruction of the V&T Railway (Primary) - appointed January 2004 to present.
- NevadaWorks Board (Primary) - appointed January 2005 to present.
- Regional Planning Governing Board (Primary) - appointed January 2003 to present, and is currently the Chairman.
- Regional Transportation Commission - appointed January 2012 to present.
- Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority (Primary) - appointed July 2007 to present.
- Served as Vice-Chairman of the Washoe County Board of Commissioners - 2004, 2006; 2007; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011; 2012 and served as Chairman in 2005.